As an Amazon Seller, you have chosen your third-party inspection company, and they inspected your product, you have received your report, and your products have passed the assessment. You have made your final decision based on the information, so what next? Your product will need a Third-party inspection certificate.
A Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate is the official inspection certificate issued after completing the pre-shipment inspection by your third party inspection company.
The five questions frequently asked about a pre-shipment inspection certificate are:
- Is there a difference between a Pre-shipment Inspection Certificate and a Preshipment Inspection Report?
- What are the types of Pre-shipment Inspection CertIficates ( PSIC)?
- Who issues out the Pre-shipment Inspection Certificate?
- When is a Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate given?
- What are the benefits of a Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate to Amazon Sellers?
A pre-shipment inspection certificate ( PSIC) or a Certificate of Inspection is a trade document that you will put together with all your shipments from the factory to certify that your goods conform to regulatory standards.
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PSIC AND A PRE SHIPMENT INSPECTION REPORT?
Please note from the onset that both the Pre-shipment Inspection Certificate and the Preshipment Inspection Report are two of the most critical documents that every Amazon Seller should obtain for their product.
A pre-shipment inspection report is a summary of the findings that your inspection has discovered during their inspection. On the other hand, a Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate is what your inspection company gives you after your product passes the review and after you have decided to carry on to make shipping arrangements.
Simply put, an Inspection report is a report on the condition, appearance and quality of your product, but a PSIC is a seal of approval that your products meet the international standards of quality.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF PRE SHIPMENT INSPECTION CERTIFICATES (PSIC)?
There are two main types of Preshipment Inspections, namely:
a) Official Inspection Certificate: This type of PSIC is used for shipments to countries where the local customs department requires an inspection certificate.
Most of the countries which require pre-shipment inspection certificates are located in Africa and Asia. Some examples of these countries include:
- Bangladesh, Asia
- Cambodia, Asia
- India, Asia
- Indonesia, Asia
- Iran, Asia
- Uzbekistan, Asia
- Mexico, South America
- Equador, South America
- Algeria, Africa
- Bangladesh, Asia
- Botswana, Africa
- Burundi, Africa
- Cameroon, Africa
- Egypt, Africa
- El Salvador, South America
- Haiti, South America
- Iran, Asia
- Iraq, Asia
- Kuwait, Asia
- Zanzibar, Africa
b) Commercial Inspection Certificate: This is a certificate that is sent to you together with the inspection report to show that a certified inspector has inspected your goods. So this certificate is proof of inspection. It is not proof that your product has passed a quality inspection.
WHO GIVES THE PRE SHIPMENT INSPECTION CERTIFICATE?
Technically, your inspection company issues the pre-shipment inspection certificate after the inspection. If the inspection company does not give a pre-shipment inspection certificate, you can still use your inspection report to show that your product has met the standards.
WHEN IS A PRE SHIPMENT INSPECTION CERTIFICATE GIVEN?
A Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate is given immediately after your products have been inspected. Every third party inspection issues an inspection report within 12 to 48 hours after the inspection is carried out. The Pre-shipment Inspection Certificate is also given within the same time frame.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A PRE SHIPMENT INSPECTION CERTIFICATE TO AMAZON SELLERS?
- Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate will give you peace of mind. Since a Pre Shipment inspection is carried out after production but before the shipment of goods, having a PSIC will help clear any lingering doubts you might have about your product\’s quality.
- Pre Shipment Inspection Certificates serve as proof of quality products to your customers, and they will have confidence that you will deliver quality products to them.
- A Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate can also serve as proof of credit transactions between you and your factory. For example, your factory might claim that you never ordered a particular product to be made with them or that they never received your order. The certificate and inspection report will show that the product and order number in question was completed and inspected.
- Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate will help speed up Import or customs procedures. Most countries require a pre-shipment inspection before they can be approved to leave the country where your factory is located. The certificate is part of the vital paperwork that you will need to ship your goods, so there will be no unnecessary hold-up for customs or import procedures.
A Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate does not limit the importance of an inspection report. A certificate is only given after a comprehensive pre-shipment inspection is done by a professional third-party inspection party.
Having a Pre Shipment Inspection done speeds up the process and reduces the hassle of customs procedures for you to get your product shipped to Amazon.